Business Resources in New Mexico
An abundance of legal, economic and statistical information is available through the following websites for starting and managing a business in New Mexico.
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
provides forms for personal, gross receipts and corporate taxes and explanatory publications.
- New and Small Business Education Center is an online webpage describing how to register a business in New Mexico, services and information the department offers, a "checklist" of other agencies and resources, and business-related taxes and credits administered by Taxation and Revenue.
New Mexico Economic Development Department
facilitates business opportunities and growth throughout the state, and provides a wide range of services for New Mexico businesses & communities as well as information for corporations considering a relocation or expansion into our state.
New Mexico Department of Workforce Soulutions New Mexico (formerly NM Department of Labor)
for employer services and labor market information.
New Mexico Supreme Court Law Library
provides links to New Mexico statutes, rules, and regulations as well as legal forms, New Mexico courts, and case look-up.
State of New Mexico
the homepage of New Mexico State Government with links to all branches of state government and useful information about New Mexico.
Los Alamos National Laboratory Business Resource Guide
"A Resource Guide for New Mexico Businesses Interested in Government Contracting or Utilizing Various Resources Throughout the State."
- New Mexico Small Business Development Center at Santa Fe Community College offers consultation, resource materials, training, and other services to businesses in New Mexico, with 18 centers around the state.
- SBDCNET Small Business Information Center
- Senator Bingaman’s New Mexico Small Business Resource Guide
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) - a nonprofit organization of retired and working volunteers who provide free business counseling and advice as a public service; SCORE has local chapters in Santa Fe and Albuquerque.
- Association of Commerce & Industry of New Mexico
- New Mexico Chambers of Commerce - a list of local chambers with contact information and websites.
- New Mexico Better Business Bureau
United States Small Business Administration
- Albuquerque district office
Business.gov - the Business Gateway to Federal Resources
provides businesses with one-stop access to federal government information, services and transactions.
- Small Business Resource - New Mexico
- Starting Your Business NM Small Business Development Center
- Small Business and Self-Employed One-Stop Resource from the Internal Revenue Service
North American Industry Classification System
- Doing Business As
Bureau of Business and Economic Research
at the University of New Mexico conducts economic and demographic research and analysis for the State of New Mexico; find population and economic census information for New Mexico, with links to the U.S. Census.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis produces economic statistics to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date picture of the U.S. economy, particularly the national income and product accounts (NIPA's), which feature the estimates of gross domestic product (GDP) and related measures.
- FedStats - “The gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies”
- SBA Office of Advocacy provides links to economic statistics and research.
- NM Secretary of State Trademarks and Service Marks - instructions and forms for registering a trademark or service mark in New Mexico.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Santa Fe New Mexican
- OnlineNewspapers.com (New Mexico Newspaper links)
New Mexico Business Weekly
- Television Stations
The State Library has many resources to help write a business plan and research topics such as marketing, management, employee relations, training, business and technical writing, financing and advertising.
- Reference USA contains detailed information on more than 12 million U.S. businesses; 102 million U.S. residents; 683,000 U.S. health care providers; and 1 million Canadian businesses.
- Gale's Business Insight Essentials provides company profiles, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies and business periodicals.
- The Southwest Room of the State Library has an extensive collection of New Mexico newspapers, the New Mexico Business Directory, and business journals of special interest for New Mexico including New Mexico Business Journal, New Mexico Business Weekly, and New Mexico Woman.
For further assistance from the New Mexico State Library Information Services click on Ask-a-Librarian, or call 505-476-9702.